Former Essex captain Ryan ten Doeschate set to retire
- Credit: Nick Wood/TGS Photo
Former Essex club captain and Netherlands international Ryan ten Doeschate will retire at the end of 2021, the county has announced.
The all-rounder joined Essex in 2003, captaining them to two County Championship titles and playing a key role in their Bob Willis Trophy triumph last season.
He also made 55 white-ball appearances for the Netherlands.
“From the bottom of my heart I’d like to thank everyone who has been involved with Essex during my time at the club," the 41-year-old said.
“It’s been the greatest professional experience to grow in this environment, to watch the organisation and the individuals within it evolve and become something that I am extremely proud to have been a part of.
You may also want to watch:
“Coming from Cape Town, to be given a chance to pursue my dream seems a million moons ago.
"We’ve shared some remarkable times but for me, the biggest achievement has been making a home away from home."
- 1 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 2 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 3 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 4 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 5 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 6 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 7 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 8 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 9 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 10 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking