Essex's County Championship fixture with Derbyshire abandoned due to Covid
The LV= Insurance County Championship fixture between Derbyshire and Essex at The Incora County Ground has been abandoned ahead of the second day’s play.
The decision was made after it was confirmed this morning that an unnamed member of the Derbyshire playing squad tested positive for COVID-19.
The player began self-isolating immediately and further players of the Derbyshire playing squad have been identified as close contacts.
Due to isolation protocols and the impact on Derbyshire’s available playing squad, the umpires have abandoned the match.
The Club have worked closely with Public Health England and both Derbyshire and The ECB with the health and safety of players, staff and officials the first priority.
You may also want to watch:
Confirmation of the awarding of points from the match will be announced in due course.
- 1 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Barking and Dagenham rallies to give friends a prom night to remember
- 3 Tossed cigarette costs Dagenham man more than £600
- 4 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 5 Mum plans 30-mile walk to Barking Station to raise money to help son take first steps
- 6 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 7 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 8 Man who controlled Ipswich drug line jailed for five years
- 9 London boroughs with fastest and slowest wage growth revealed
- 10 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'