Cycling: Barking & Dagenham’s Harvey makes mark at Milton Keynes
- Credit: Archant
Barking & Dagenham Cycling Club’s Amy Harvey celebrated a fine race win at Milton Keynes on Saturday.
Harvey won the under-16 event, on her first outing at the Buckinghamshire venue, and the club had more to cheer on Sunday.
Hadjer Mamouze was first in the under-12 girls' race at Redbridge, while David Bujdei pipped teammate Zayn Momin in the boys' race.
And Abigail Little was third in the under-14 girls' race, just ahead of new member Skye Oram.
Meanwhile, at a wet and windy Cyclopark, Leah Warrilow and Carys Dodd took third and fourth, while Harvey had her second win of the weekend at Hillingdon.
You may also want to watch:
Sophie Potter also impressed, while Chloe Burpitt was fourth in the under-12 race and Ryan Burpitt was fifth in the under-eight event.
Members are back in action at the Velopark and Hillingdon this weekend.
- 1 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 2 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 3 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 4 Ho-ho-ho! Bingo hall gets visit from Santa for 'Junemas'
- 5 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 6 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 7 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 8 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 9 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 10 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced