Isthmian North: Barking bounce back as Romford seal first league win
- Credit: Terry Gilbert
Barking made it back-to-back wins in the league and bounced back from a disappointing FA Cup defeat to Ilford with a 2-0 win over Heybridge Swifts as Romford picked up a 3-2 win over Coggeshall Town.
Former Leyton Orient and Fulham defender Elliot Omozusi gave the Blues an early lead in the 12th minute at Mayesbrook Park.
The advantage was doubled on sixty seven minutes thanks to Osaretin Otete and it was a result that left them in third and one of five sides with a one hundred percent record.
Neighbours Romford sealed their first league win of the season after being thumped 7-0 by Maldon & Tiptree on the opening day of the season.
Steve Carvell scored after eighteen minutes, but Sam Bantick who was playing against his former club, got the equaliser for the Seed Growers seven minutes before the break.
You may also want to watch:
Town relaxed then they were made to pay as Jesse Olukolu restored the Boro advantage just before the break.
Jermain Francis drew the hosts level twelve minutes after the restart, but once more the visitors struck, this time Aundre Spencer finding the back of the Seed Growers net.
- 1 Revellers descend on Dagenham for We Are FSTVL
- 2 The tea room in a country park 'building a community' in Dagenham
- 3 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 4 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 5 College students lend a hand to improve recreation ground
- 6 Students work with film crews on Amazon, Apple and Netflix productions
- 7 Barking social enterprise welcomes back community with 'open house'
- 8 Data reveals number of road incidents involving children in borough
- 9 Mo Sagaf provided balance to Dagenham's midfield in Weymouth win
- 10 Man hit with traffic cone in Barking fight remains in critical condition