Isthmian North: Barking remain top as Romford bounce back
- Credit: Terry Gilbert
Barking sealed a 2-1 win over Tilbury to remain top and unbeaten in the Isthmian North after the opening four matches.
Phil Roberts gave the Dockers an early lead, Barney Williams almost immediately struck back, and eight minutes after the break Kieran Jones confirmed a Blues victory.
Romford sealed a 2-0 victory over unbeaten Witham Town to end their good start to the new season.
A brace from Christian Adu Gyamfi sealed three points for Boro at Spa Road against 10 men Town.
Christian Adu Gyamfi bagged his third of the season just before the half time whistle and Witham then gave themselves an even bigger challenge when Luke Ige saw red.
You may also want to watch:
It was quickly 2-0 as Gyamfi scored once again with his fourth of the season coming nine minutes from time.
- 1 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 2 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 3 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 4 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 5 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 6 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 7 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 8 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 9 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 10 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers