Isthmian North: Barking and Romford both fall to defeats
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Barking suffered their first defeat of the Isthmian North campaign as they were thrashed 4-0 by Aveley as Romford lost 2-0 to AFC Sudbury.
Goals from Shad Ngandu, George Sykes, Alex Akrofi and Manny Ogunrinde sealed the three points for the Millers.
Ngandu found the net in the 14th minute of play before Sykes doubled the hosts lead in the 30th minute at Parkside Stadium.
Akrofi and Ogunrinde added to that tally in the second-half to seal a comfortable victory for Aveley to end Barking’s unbeaten run in the league on Friday night.
Neighbours Romford suffered a 2-0 defeat at home to AFC Sudbury who moved up to second in the league.
You may also want to watch:
Thomas Maycock scored just before the end of the first half, and Romario Dunne made sure just before the end to seal the points for the Yellows.
Both sides will now be determined to bounce back to winning ways.
- 1 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 4 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 5 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 6 Dagenham advance in FA Cup with two late goals at Wealdstone
- 7 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 8 Stephen Port inquests: Detective apologises to families for mistakes
- 9 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out
- 10 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava