Isthmian North: Romford bounce back as Barking play out draw
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Romford bounced back from a five game losing streak to seal a 2-0 victory over Stowmarket Town as Barking played out a goalless draw with Basildon United.
Boro took the lead just before the half hour, as new signing Shermandin Artmeladze opening the scoring.
The second goal also went to the Boro, Christian Adu Gyamfi scoring on the hour, and they held on to climb to sixteenth and end that poor run of form.
Barking played out a goalless draw with Basildon United which sees them slip down to ninth in the Isthmian North league table after an impressive start to the campaign.
The Blues are now winless in the last five games in all competitions after winning all four of their opening four league fixtures.
Manager Justin Gardner and his side will look to bounce back to winning ways when they host Witham Town on Tuesday evening.
- 1 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 2 Homophobia ruled out for jury in Stephen Port victims’ inquests
- 3 Barking MP Margaret Hodge 'will not stand' in next general election
- 4 ‘He put his life into family’: Tributes paid to former builder who died of Covid
- 5 Travel: What to watch out for across Havering, Redbridge and Barking and Dagenham
- 6 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 7 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 8 Dagenham boss McMahon 'delighted' with victory over Grimsby
- 9 Dagenham get back to winning ways at home to Grimsby
- 10 There With You This Winter: Mayor offers £51m of funding for fuel poverty