TKJ members win at Harlow competition
- Credit: Archant
Seven Toshi Kazoku Judokwai (TKJ) Club members took part in a green belt and under competition in Harlow over the weekend.
Standout performances from Ruby Delaney and Kelien Fulgence saw them both take home gold medals.
Silver medals were awarded to Emily Verrier, Jenson Verrier and Blaine Delaney while Amy Verrier won bronze.
Rene Fulgence also managed to secure a fifth place finish at the competition.
Coach Turan Kiani said: "As always I'm so proud of the team, they all work really hard in every training session and fully deserve their awards "
You may also want to watch:
TKJ are based in Dagenham and provide judo activities for both young people and adults.
Earlier this year, some of the club's members competed at the London Youth Games and managed to win bronze medals.
- 1 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 2 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 3 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 4 Town hall seeks powers to prevent 'unsightly' loft extensions
- 5 Free parking for NHS staff and key workers extended
- 6 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Sunflower Suite at Queen's Hospital chosen for this year's Christine Willett Trust donation
- 8 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 9 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 10 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week