Mighty Mick beats World Cup star to trophy
Mick Baverstock won the Vic Eves Trophy ahead of Pitch and Putt World Cup competitor Ron Cope
Mick Baverstock clinched the Vic Eves Trophy with a superb showing on the back nine of the long course to clinch victory at Central Park on Sunday.
Baverstock shot a 32, five over par after nine holes to leave his hopes of silverware in the balance.
But a brilliant effort on the back nine saw him clinch the trophy by one shot from Paul Humphries, who finished on a net 56, two over par.
World Cup star Ron Cope was third with a net score of 57.
You may also want to watch:
Next week Dagenham have six players travelling to the British Match Play Championships after they made the top 16 in the country for their BPPA event performances throughout 2012.
Travelling with them to Snodhurst Bottom, Kent is defending champion Steve Deeble, who remains favourite to take the title for the third year in a row.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Barking father's car stolen from driveway
- 5 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 6 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 7 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 8 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 9 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 10 Letter: Climate change and the floods