Super Alex lays down the Law!
THERE were medals galore for Havering Mayesbrook at last weekend s Essex Indoor Championships at Lee Valley. Alex Law, the youngest club athlete in action, struck double gold with wins in both 60m and long jump, the latter in a PB. Rebecca O Neill set a
THERE were medals galore for Havering Mayesbrook at last weekend's Essex Indoor Championships at Lee Valley.
Alex Law, the youngest club athlete in action, struck double gold with wins in both 60m and long jump, the latter in a PB.
Rebecca O'Neill set a new championship best performance in winning the under-17 800m in 2:20.07.
Jack Edgar-Hill made up for a disappointing run at the England Athletics Champs at Birmingham with a PB and CBP equalling 8.50s run to win under-17 hurdles gold.
You may also want to watch:
Senior golds went to Claire Brennan (hurdles) and Lucy Sargent (200m).
Emmanuel Quarshie opened his winter campaign with an under-20 mens' shot win, while in the same age group all rounder Adam McCarthy won a hat-trick of silvers in the 400, 800 and high jump.
- 1 Five men from Barking charged after gun raids
- 2 Calls to remove Dagenham 5G mast after blaze
- 3 New freeport in Dagenham gets the green light from the chancellor
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced to life for raping teenage girl in his wife's car
- 5 Stabbing in Barking leaves man fighting for his life
- 6 Police raid Barking addresses in operation to stop revenge gang attacks
- 7 Council tax is rising by five per cent in Barking and Dagenham
- 8 'Half of 5G phone mast' in Dagenham left damaged by late night fire
- 9 'Appallingly dirty' Dagenham shop doubling up as 'substandard' hotel
- 10 Future is bright for borough's youth
Nicola Hill (under-20 hurdles) and veteran Paul Berrett (1500m) also struck silver in their events and Hannah Connor added a senior long jump bronze.