Stillwater report: Martin Taylor enjoyed a good day when he fished Tylers Common on Wagtail Lake and had three tench to 4lbs 8ozs, roach to 1lbs 12ozs and four bream to 9lbs 12os from peg 14 using hemp and tares, also caster and red corn. Wagtail Lake h
Stillwater report: Martin Taylor enjoyed a good day when he fished Tylers Common on Wagtail Lake and had three tench to 4lbs 8ozs, roach to 1lbs 12ozs and four bream to 9lbs 12os from peg 14 using hemp and tares, also caster and red corn.
Wagtail Lake has been fishing well while Ash Lake has been rewarding day ticket anglers with some good catches of carp to pellet and red maggot.
Willow Lake a bit slower but carp still being caught on the feeder using red maggot.
Match results: The Tuesday Open this week on Ash Lake was won in style by Dennis Lipscombe (Oakwood Angling) with 56lbs on peg 4 using pellet on the long pole and he finished ahead of Rav Pisano who weighed in with 49lbs 12ozs on peg 10 using the maggot feeder.
You may also want to watch:
Taking third place on the day was Martin Amos (Hatfield Old town) on peg 5 with 48lbs 4oz, using pellet on the long pole, 4th John Hunt (Tubertini) on peg 23 had 43lbs on the long pole, 5th Len Golding on the maggot feeder fishing peg 21 had 38lbs and 6th M.Hodgson (Tylers) fishing peg 8 weighed in 24lbs.
The latest Saturday Open on Ash and Willow lakes saw mixed catches for the anglers. Top weight went to Alec Roberts on Ash fishing peg 24 had 69lbs 9ozs, he was fishing the long pole with pellet, while taking second place on peg 8 was Richard Wager with 49lbs 12ozs.
- 1 Hundreds of shops found not complying with Covid rules
- 2 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 3 Town hall seeks powers to prevent 'unsightly' loft extensions
- 4 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 5 Town hall backs Dagenham freeport bid
- 6 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 7 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 8 Covid funding boost for charities promoting youth arts and inclusion
- 9 All borough's care home residents have had first Covid vaccination
- 10 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
The top pair finished well ahead of third placed Dennis Lipscombe weighed in with 27lbs 10ozs, 4th on Willow lake Steve James on peg 23 had 26lbs 4ozs, 5th on peg 10 was Mickey Hood with 20lbs 10ozs, 6th on peg 23 was Dave Davies with 19lbs 4ozs.
Match details: The Saturday Open matches at Tylers Common will be run on Ash Lake, so it is advisable to book your tickets early. You can make your booking by contacting Bobby Wager on telephone no 07970 258 737.
Dennis Lipscombe will be running the Tuesday Open matches which are currently alternating between Ash and Willow lakes.
If you require further details of the matches you can ring Dennis Lipscombe on 07957 938 597.
tide times for Harwich: Wednesday 4th February: 05.19am and 18.15pm. Thursday 5th February: 06.37am and 19.29pm. Friday 6th February: 08.02am and 20.49pm. Saturday 7th February: 09.25am and 22.01pm. Sunday 8th February: 10.32am and 22.57pm. Monday 9th February: 11.26am and 23.47pm. Tuesday 10th February: 00.00am and 12.13pm.
The tide differences for the following resorts are as follows: Walton on Naze same time. Felixstowe -11mts, Clacton + 11mts, Burnham on Crouch +42mts, Orford Quay +40mts. TIGHT LINES