West Ham duo Rachel Daly and Ruby Grant depart
- Credit: PA
Rachel Daly and Ruby Grant have departed West Ham United following the conclusion of their respective short-term deals.
England international Daly joined the Hammers on loan from National Women’s Soccer League side Houston Dash in the summer, which expired at the end of 2020.
Daly featured in 12 matches in all competitions for the Irons, scoring five goals and providing four assists.
The versatile forward will continue to train with West Ham United in order to maintain her fitness, before returning to Houston Dash for the start of pre-season in February.
Grant put pen-to-paper on a short-term contract with the Irons during the summer, as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic postponing her plans to join the University of North Carolina in the USA.
You may also want to watch:
Grant made eight appearances in all competitions, including two starts in the Barclays FA Women’s Super League, during the first half of the season for the Hammers.
A West Ham statement read "Everyone at West Ham United would like to thank Rachel and Ruby for their efforts during their time in Claret and Blue and wish them both every success for their future careers."
- 1 Tributes to 'much-loved' volunteer with a passion for Dagenham history
- 2 Is the Becontree estate in Barking and Dagenham really a Covid hotspot?
- 3 Tot with cancer enjoys 'brilliant' fun day outside home in Dagenham
- 4 Padnall Lake, teachers in pandemic, hearing loss and Covid insurance
- 5 London mayoral candidate 'fined' after digital campaign bus visits Dagenham
- 6 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 7 Town hall backs Dagenham freeport bid
- 8 Rapid Covid-19 test site for people without symptoms open in Dagenham
- 9 Hundreds of shops found not complying with Covid rules
- 10 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
West Ham are back in action this Sunday against Tottenham Hotspur in a London derby after having their match away at Manchester City postponed on Saturday afternoon due to positive Covid-19 tests in the City camp.
The Hammers are currently 10th in the table with 7 points as new boss Olli Harder will take charge of his first game in charge of the club at the weekend following Matt Beards departure in November.
The departure of Daly and Grant follow the Hammers completing the permanent signing of Emily van Egmond on Friday.
The midfielder joined the Hammers on an initial loan move from National Women’s Soccer League side Orlando Pride in August and had impressed.
She has scored five goals in 12 games in all competitions for the Hammers since arriving in the summer.