West Ham striker Haller joins Ajax on a permanent deal
- Credit: PA
West Ham United can confirm Sébastien Haller has joined Ajax on a permanent basis for an undisclosed fee.
The Ivory Coast international centre-forward ends his stay with the Hammers after making 50 appearances in all competitions and scoring 14 goals across 18 months, following his summer 2019 arrival from German club Eintracht Frankfurt.
The 26-year-old returns to the Netherlands, where he previously spent two-and-a-half seasons with Utrecht.
He was one of a number of expensive signings made by former manager Manuel Pellegrini who did not perform to the levels anticipated.
Pellegrini was sacked in December 2019 and David Moyes eventually steered the club away from relegation trouble.
You may also want to watch:
Despite his struggles in east London, Haller scored arguably a Goal of the Season contender with his outrageous overhead kick against Crystal Palace last month, in what was his third league goal of the season.
- 1 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 3 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 4 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 5 More than 100 attend first session of gangs awareness workshop run by detective
- 6 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 7 Rapid Covid-19 test site for people without symptoms open in Dagenham
- 8 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 9 Town hall to decide on bid for Dagenham freeport
- 10 Letters: Covid rules, tenants' manifesto, Streetspace, help RAF veterans and support children's charity