Call to brighten up Barking and Dagenham for a chance to win prizes
- Credit: LBBD
Brightly decorated buildings and gardens in Barking and Dagenham could win prizes this summer.
The town hall is calling on the community to decorate doors, fancify fences and make gardens glow as part of its “brighten up the borough” campaign.
It comes ahead of the annual Summer of Festivals programme, which offers a host of free entertainment in the borough.
Deputy leader of the council and cabinet member for community leadership and engagement, Cllr Saima Ashraf, said: “We’re asking you all to think bold and think bright.
"Let’s all have a bit of light-hearted entertainment and produce some colourful creations for everyone to enjoy.”
You may also want to watch:
The campaign is running from Friday, June 18 until Tuesday, August 31.
Visit www.lbbd.gov.uk/brightentheborough to download free, specially-designed activity packs created by Grape Arts and Wildsuga, supported by Dagenham’s The White House.
To be in the running for a prize, hopeful entants should submit photos and videos of their creations to email@example.com by Saturday, July 10.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 6 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 7 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 8 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 9 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 10 Barking Riverside residents' frustration at new station delay