Local makers market coming to Barking Riverside this Christmas
- Credit: Jimmy Lee Photography
A Christmas market showcasing products from local makers is coming to Barking Riverside next month.
The inaugural Barking Made Winter Market, planned for December 4 and 5, will include food stalls, home-made goods and entertainment.
Sarah McCready of Barking Riverside Limited, the company co-organising the event, praised the "entrepreneurial energy" across Barking and Dagenham.
"Events like this not only provide an enjoyable evening for residents and visitors, but they also set the tone for how Barking Riverside Ltd wants to approach economic growth in the area," she said.
"We are very proud that for our first market, over 50 per cent of the traders are Barking Riverside entrepreneurs, and all the products on sale are produced right here in Barking and Dagenham."
Stalls include African-inspired apparel and toy makers House of Loulee, Empress Juicery offering healthy juices, and vegan sleep products brand Sleep Goddess.
As they shop, visitors can grab a mulled wine and enjoy performances from a steel band.
- 1 Jailed: Burglar who stole equipment worth more than £3k from car repair centre
- 2 Thousands set to descend on Dagenham for music fest as licence approved
- 3 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 4 More than 300 homes finished at Beam Park as council leader visits
- 5 Jailed: Dagenham man pressed groin against pregnant woman on Tube train
- 6 No injuries after car and van collide in Dagenham Heathway
- 7 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 8 Man taken to hospital after fight reported on Heathway in Dagenham
- 9 Rainham and Dagenham MP calls for delay to ULEZ expansion
- 10 Jailed: Hornchurch man found with weapons in Dagenham
When: Saturday December 4 / 4pm - 8pm
Where: The Wilds, Northgate Road, IG11 0AN
When: Sunday December 5 / 12pm - 5pm
Where: The Rivergate Centre, IG11 0FJ
Find out more at barkingriverside.london/events/category/whats-on/