Local makers market coming to Barking Riverside this Christmas
- Credit: Jimmy Lee Photography
A Christmas market showcasing products from local makers is coming to Barking Riverside next month.
The inaugural Barking Made Winter Market, planned for December 4 and 5, will include food stalls, home-made goods and entertainment.
Sarah McCready of Barking Riverside Limited, the company co-organising the event, praised the "entrepreneurial energy" across Barking and Dagenham.
"Events like this not only provide an enjoyable evening for residents and visitors, but they also set the tone for how Barking Riverside Ltd wants to approach economic growth in the area," she said.
"We are very proud that for our first market, over 50 per cent of the traders are Barking Riverside entrepreneurs, and all the products on sale are produced right here in Barking and Dagenham."
Stalls include African-inspired apparel and toy makers House of Loulee, Empress Juicery offering healthy juices, and vegan sleep products brand Sleep Goddess.
As they shop, visitors can grab a mulled wine and enjoy performances from a steel band.
- 1 Dagenham woman forced to pay £1,000 over rotting waste in garden
- 2 School's new headteacher on wellbeing and helping pupils realise potential
- 3 Homes under the Planner: Development that could be coming to the borough
- 4 Ofsted praises progress of Dagenham school after inspection
- 5 Eastbury Manor House to reopen 'as soon as possible'
- 6 Coroner's report outlines concerns with Stephen Port murder investigations
- 7 'He will not survive the cold': Family fear for missing Sphynx cat
- 8 Care provider taken to court by council in waste disposal dispute
- 9 'I just shut my eyes': Murder accused tells of moment he ran over victim
- 10 Gallery: Hidden photos reveal London's East End in the 1960s
When: Saturday December 4 / 4pm - 8pm
Where: The Wilds, Northgate Road, IG11 0AN
When: Sunday December 5 / 12pm - 5pm
Where: The Rivergate Centre, IG11 0FJ
Find out more at barkingriverside.london/events/category/whats-on/