Boogie the night away in Dagenham to 70s and 80s music
- Credit: Archant
Travel back in time to the golden age of music for a night of disco dancing.
Shot 2 Funk will be performing all the greatest hits from the 70s and 80s at the Dagenham Roundhouse on Saturday.
The group will be playing unforgettable tunes such as Blame It On the Boogie, I Will Survive and We Are Family at the Lodge Avenue pub.
Peter Hollis, who plays the keyboard, said: “We mainly play 70s and 80s disco and it has an emphasis on partying and having fun.
“It’s music to get people up dancing – and we always do just that.”
You may also want to watch:
The group have been together for more than two decades but this will be the first time that they play at the world famous venue where Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and T. Rex have previously taken to the stage.
“We have been together for 21 years but we mainly play the Romford and Hornchurch circuit,” Peter said.
- 1 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and Thames by-election
- 3 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 4 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 5 Jailed: Man whose drunken knife attack left one dead and woman injured at Dagenham dinner party
- 6 'Woke rubbish': Losing candidate on stir over 'unspellable' names comment
- 7 Chadwell Heath woman fined after not reporting Iron Age coin find
- 8 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 9 Barking shisha bar was wrongly shut down for Covid breaches, owner claims
- 10 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
“It will be really nice to go to the Roundhouse with the band, as I played there recently with a Paul McCartney tribute band.
“I like the venue, it’s got a nice feel to it since they’ve done it up and they get a really good crowd down there.
“It’s good to see the place back on the map as I used to play there 25 years ago with other bands.”
Shot 2 Funk are building up a name for themselves by playing at big venues across Essex and East London including popular pubs like the Fatling and Firkin in Hornchurch and The Welcome Club, in Stanford-Le-Hope.
“I often get cold calls from pub landlords who want to book us, as there are a lot of rock bands out there but we bring something quite different,” Paul explained.
“There are not many bands doing what we do and we appeal to people right across the board.
“A lot of landlords call up and say ‘if I hear Sex is on Fire [by Kings of Leon] one more time, I might pull my ears off’.”
Shot 2 Funk will take to the stage at the Roundhouse at 8pm on Saturday. Entry to the venue is free – call 020 8592 1605 for more information.