Authors and historians will be special guests at Barking carol service
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Distinguished TV producers, authors and historians will be among the special guests giving readings at a carol service on Sunday.
Literary prize winner Dr Andrea Stuart, journalist Richard Dowden, senior research fellow Dr Susan Williams and film producers Carolyn Choa and Timothy Bricknell will take part in the annual Nine Lessons and Carols event at Barking’s St Margaret’s Church.
Cllr Eileen Keller, the borough’s mayor, will also be joining in the festivities in Abbey Green.
Bishop Trevor Mwamba said: “It’s a unique gathering of readers.
“They’re all friends of mine, I know all of them personally and what I thought was ‘why not invite some of my friends to come and read’?”
You may also want to watch:
The free service will start at 6.30pm and is open to the whole community.
Seats can be reserved by calling 020 8594 2932.
- 1 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 2 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 3 Eid prayer recited outside Barking Town Hall as groups call for more worship spaces
- 4 Antisocial behaviour patrols in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 6 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 9 Column: Pride and trust continues to grow in Dagenham squad
- 10 'Singling out developers to sort out the cladding scandal'