Barking artist set to release his first solo single
- Credit: Archant
A singer is hoping to bring an 80s vibe to the charts with his new single next month – just in time for Christmas.
Mark Anthony, formerly of pop group The Meds Collective, will release his first solo track just in time to be the perfect stocking filling.
The song, called An 80s Vibe, is inspired by his fond memories of growing up in Barking during the decade.
It’s a throwback to 80s synth pop, all happy-go-lucky and funk.
“When I wrote the song, I basically just visualised myself back in the area we lived in back in the 1980s,” Mark recalled.
You may also want to watch:
“I literally just put my thoughts about the period into the track.”
He is aiming to hit the big time and separate himself from the average artist with this track – which didn’t take him at all long to pen.
- 1 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 6 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 7 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 8 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 9 Becontree Estate designed after Spanish Flu 'helped prevent Covid deaths'
- 10 Light festival sees cyclists brighten up Barking and Dagenham streets
“The song was written within a couple of hours back in February, when I was working away one weekend in Stratford upon Avon,” he remembered.
“The track was actually recorded very shortly afterwards, but I’ve been sitting on the track since February, as I wouldn’t have had time to promote the track properly back then, as I’ve been working on other music projects for most of the year.”
The Meds Collective were hailed by Blur star Damon Albarn as “the next big thing” and Mark is now keen to continue his journey as a solo artist.
“Music is something that I have been involved in for a long time and I can’t see myself stopping anytime soon,” he said.
“I’ve had a good time with music so far.”
An 80s Vibe is available to pre-order on Amazon for 79p. The song is available for digital release from December 21.