Barking music and drama group stage panto
- Credit: Archant
Fancy booing some baddies and cheering on the good guys? Then get down to the Ripple Centre this week to watch pantomime Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves.
The show is being staged by Barking Music and Drama following its previous success with pantomimes and classic performances of Robin Hood and Oliver!
The group will be putting a slightly different spin on the Ali Baba story during its shows which run from tomorrow (Thurs) until Saturday at the Barking venue in Ripple Road.
Darryl Kane, the group’s technical director, said: “We’re really looking forward to it, it’s been a really long rehearsal period, but it will be good to get it on stage and show it to the public.”
The theatre company have a new choreographer, Christie Galvin-Law, for the show.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a really good and fun show with some good dance routines,” Darryl added.
The pantomime will be on stage from 7.30pm every day, while there will also be a matinee at 3pm on Saturday.
- 1 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 2 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 3 Eid prayer recited outside Barking Town Hall as groups call for more worship spaces
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 6 Antisocial behaviour patrols in Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 9 'Singling out developers to sort out the cladding scandal'
- 10 Column: Pride and trust continues to grow in Dagenham squad
Tickets cost £8 to £10. Visit barkingmad.org.uk or call 07843 555827 to book your seats.