Barking singer-songwriter prepares for tour and album release
- Credit: Archant
A singer-songwriter from Barking is preparing to release his debut album later this year.
Mark Anthony, formerly of pop group The Meds Collective, will be releasing Reckless Caution on Halloween.
Mark, of Upney Lane, is also preparing for his first solo dates as he will be supporting former East 17 singer Tony Mortimer on his UK tour.
“I’m pretty excited about the album,” he admitted. “It’s the result of nine months worth of recording sessions with a producer called Oliver Radio.
“We had no end goals or plans originally but as time went on we reviewed it all and came up with the album from the material we had recorded over the months.”
You may also want to watch:
Mark says the album is similar to Ed Sheeran’s music. It will feature his previous singles An ’80s Vibe, London City and I Still Miss You, plus many new releases including some hip-hop hits.
Reckless Caution is available for pre-order on iTunes for £9.99. It will also be released on Google Music, Amazon and Spotify. Visit markanthonymusic.net for a sneak preview of the tracks.
- 1 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 6 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 7 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 8 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 9 Becontree Estate designed after Spanish Flu 'helped prevent Covid deaths'
- 10 Light festival sees cyclists brighten up Barking and Dagenham streets