Days out for parents and kids in London
- Credit: Contributed
With summer around the corner, it's time to explore the best of what London has to offer for families.
Let's take a look!
1. Summer Family Festival
Where: Throughout the Estate, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5AB
When: Saturday 29 May – Saturday 28 August
You may also want to watch:
With different activities every weekend for three months, this is the perfect affordable day out.
It started with The Canary of the Wharf Mystery History Family Trail on May 29 and is set to be a summer of movies, music and workshops for the whole family.
- 1 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Barking and Dagenham rallies to give friends a prom night to remember
- 3 Tossed cigarette costs Dagenham man more than £600
- 4 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 5 Mum plans 30-mile walk to Barking Station to raise money to help son take first steps
- 6 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 7 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 8 London boroughs with fastest and slowest wage growth revealed
- 9 Man who controlled Ipswich drug line jailed for five years
- 10 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
2. Jump London
Where: Unit 1a, Rippleside, London, IG11 0RJ
When: Monday-Sunday 10am - 10pm
This London trampoline park is a guaranteed energy sapper.
Also home to go-karting, this park boasts more than 120 trampolines across 12 jump zones.
3. Epping Ongar Railway
Where: Epping Ongar Railway, Ongar Station, Station Approach, Ongar, Essex, CM5 9BN
When: Saturday-Sunday (May 22 - June 20)
The longest heritage railway in Essex - and the closest to London - is back in steam.
Alongside its normal services, there will be steam trains running between North Weald and Ongar.
Alongside enjoying this historic railway experience, families can also have a picnic lunch and take in the sights of Ongar.
4. Wellgate Farm
Where: Wellgate Farm, Collier Row Road, Romford, RM5 2BH
When: Daily two-hour slots between 10am-12pm and 1-3pm.
This community farm has reopened its doors after being closed for more than a year.
Families are welcome to come and see the range of animals on-site.
Booking is essential.
5. The ArcelorMittal Orbit
Where: Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, E20 2AD
When: Friday-Monday - 11am - 3pm.
The world's longest and tallest tunnel slide has reopened, with families invited to enjoy an exhilarating thrill that boasts 12 separate twists and turns.
Visitors are also treated to a view of London's skyline as they prepare to plummet 178 metres.