Covers band inspired by Britpop revival set to perform chart hits in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
A covers band is planning to take the stage by storm in Dagenham.
Four piece group Counterfeit Joy, who were inspired to start a band from the number of Brit-pop albums that were being re-released and celebrating anniversaries in 2014, will perform at the iconic Dagenham Roundhouse, in Lodge Avenue.
Their set will include hits from the likes of Brit-pop legends Blur and Oasis as well as The Stone Roses and American bands such as Nirvana and Weezer.
“We’re really looking forward to playing the Roundhouse,” lead singer Vic Godfrey explained.
“I’m a Dagenham girl and my great grandmother used to live almost next door to the pub, so I’m gonna be pretty pumped to be playing so close to home.”
The Essex-based band has been playing across the county and east London since they formed in 2014, and have played at festivals as well.
“We’ve had some interesting moments over the time we’ve been together, playing two festivals,” she said.
- 1 Father and son found guilty of Dagenham car park murder of John Avers
- 2 Dagenham woman forced to pay £1,000 over rotting waste in garden
- 3 Ofsted praises progress of Dagenham school after inspection
- 4 Homes under the Planner: Development that could be coming to the borough
- 5 School's new headteacher on wellbeing and helping pupils realise potential
- 6 Coroner's report outlines concerns with Stephen Port murder investigations
- 7 Gallery: Hidden photos reveal London's East End in the 1960s
- 8 Car park killing: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 9 'I just shut my eyes': Murder accused tells of moment he ran over victim
- 10 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
“We’ve enjoyed some awesome audiences, acrobats doing back-flips, dancing with mascots and the company of Dagenham legend Dancing Dave and made some great friends and fans.
“I also got to dress up in a dirndl for an Oktoberfest and wear a flag for a St George’s day gig.”
In there three year existence, the band has still seen big changes, with members coming and going from other bands in the short space of time.
“We’ve had a few members come and go since our early days, but we’ve recently gained a new drummer, Mick, and rhythm guitarist, Lee, recently and are incorporating new influences from the new members too.”
The free gig starts at 8pm on Saturday. Visit roundhouse-dagenham.com for more information.