Covers band ready to start the party at Dagenham pub
- Credit: Archant
Mr Spankey and The Hipthrusters are playing their first gig in the borough.
The five-piece covers band, who formed more than 12 years ago, will be playing classic hits from a range of different genres at Dagenham’s Admiral Vernon tomorrow night.
The varied set list at the Broad Street pub will include songs from Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, Tom Petty and Lynyrd Skynyrd.
Bass player Mark Naylor said: “We’ve been booked up for the last two or three years and we had this date spare.
“We’re looking forward to it as it’s supposed to be a really good place to play.”
Mark and one of his fellow band members, Mark Carroll, decided to start their own band in 2004 so they could have fun playing the songs they wanted.
“We like to get that party feeling and get everyone up dancing and having a good time,” he explained.
- 1 Dagenham woman forced to pay £1,000 over rotting waste in garden
- 2 Homes under the Planner: Development that could be coming to the borough
- 3 School's new headteacher on wellbeing and helping pupils realise potential
- 4 Ofsted praises progress of Dagenham school after inspection
- 5 Coroner's report outlines concerns with Stephen Port murder investigations
- 6 Eastbury Manor House to reopen 'as soon as possible'
- 7 Care provider taken to court by council in waste disposal dispute
- 8 'He will not survive the cold': Family fear for missing Sphynx cat
- 9 Gallery: Hidden photos reveal London's East End in the 1960s
- 10 'I just shut my eyes': Murder accused tells of moment he ran over victim
“We found the best musicians we could and put them together from the bands we’ve played in.”
The gig will start at 8pm. Free entry – call 020 8592 0431 for details.