Covers band ready to start the party at Dagenham pub
- Credit: Archant
Mr Spankey and The Hipthrusters are playing their first gig in the borough.
The five-piece covers band, who formed more than 12 years ago, will be playing classic hits from a range of different genres at Dagenham’s Admiral Vernon tomorrow night.
The varied set list at the Broad Street pub will include songs from Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, Tom Petty and Lynyrd Skynyrd.
Bass player Mark Naylor said: “We’ve been booked up for the last two or three years and we had this date spare.
“We’re looking forward to it as it’s supposed to be a really good place to play.”
You may also want to watch:
Mark and one of his fellow band members, Mark Carroll, decided to start their own band in 2004 so they could have fun playing the songs they wanted.
“We like to get that party feeling and get everyone up dancing and having a good time,” he explained.
- 1 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 2 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 3 Eid prayer recited outside Barking Town Hall as groups call for more worship spaces
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 6 Antisocial behaviour patrols in Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 9 'Singling out developers to sort out the cladding scandal'
- 10 Column: Pride and trust continues to grow in Dagenham squad
“We found the best musicians we could and put them together from the bands we’ve played in.”
The gig will start at 8pm. Free entry – call 020 8592 0431 for details.