Former X Factor star Che Chesterman will switch on Barking Christmas lights
- Credit: EMPICS Entertainment
Bright lights and Christmas cheer are coming to town.
Former X Factor star Che Chesterman is due to switch on the annual 35ft Christmas tree lights and perform live in Barking Town Square on Thursday.
The day will also feature other festive fun including Santa’s grotto, Christmas parade with the pups from Paw Patrol, Christmas wreath making workshop with business Partybox and a chance to meet Santa’s reindeer.
Council leader, Cllr Darren Rodwell, said: “We have had some fantastic events this year and what an event we have planned to finish 2016.
“Christmas is a wonderful time of the year where all the community can come together to celebrate the festive cheer.
You may also want to watch:
“I am really looking forward to seeing Barking Town Centre being lit up by the huge Christmas tree.”
Other planned entertainment includes Christmas carols, family entertainment, a giant Christmas globe, circus skills and face painting stalls.
- 1 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 2 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 3 Eid prayer recited outside Barking Town Hall as groups call for more worship spaces
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 6 Antisocial behaviour patrols in Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 9 'Singling out developers to sort out the cladding scandal'
- 10 Column: Pride and trust continues to grow in Dagenham squad
The Christmas light switch on and entertainment will run from 3pm until 7pm.
Visit www.lbbd.gov.uk/christmas for details.