Top Beatles tribute band coming to Barking’s Broadway Theatre
- Credit: Archant
Forget A Day in The Life, when you could have an evening of endless classics from The Beatles.
Tribute band Upbeat Beatles, who have been together for more than 17 years, are set to perform everything from the mop top days to their final rooftop concert at the Broadway Theatre next Saturday.
Hits such as Hey Jude, Let it Be, Yesterday and Here Comes The Sun are guaranteed to have you dancing the night away at the theatre in Barking.
Organiser John Wilson said: “They don’t mess about, they get the crowd involved and make it a really good night out.
“This is one of the first ones they’re doing this year and I think it will go really well, as it’s just enough time for people to get rid of those post Christmas blues.”
You may also want to watch:
It will not just be a night of music, the band will also have narration, which will tell the story of one of the most influential and popular bands of all time, all the way from the depths of Liverpool’s Cavern Club to the famous rooftop gig on the Apple building.
“We mainly play in Britain and theatre’s, but we play all over the world really.
- 1 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 2 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 3 Eid prayer recited outside Barking Town Hall as groups call for more worship spaces
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 6 Antisocial behaviour patrols in Barking and Dagenham
- 7 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 8 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 9 'Singling out developers to sort out the cladding scandal'
- 10 Column: Pride and trust continues to grow in Dagenham squad
“We’ve played for the Chinese prime minister - they’re very polite the Chinese audiences and it was a real honour to do that.
“We’ve also done a show for Michael Douglas in Bermuda, so we’ve done plenty of big gigs.” John said.
The tribute band have been dubbed the best in the business for covering classics of the legendary group, who were made up of stars like John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr, with the organiser believing it’s down to the way they perform.
“Attention to the audience. I think the band have a natural rapport and an ability to involve everyone-old and young, he told the Post ahead of their visit to the borough.
The Upbeat Beatles concert starts at 7.30pm on Saturday, January 28. Tickets cost £17.50 - call 020 8507 5607 for more information or to book your seats.