Tribute band honouring Cockney duo in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
The greatest hits from pop-rock duo Chas and Dave will get everyone up dancing in Dagenham.
The Rockney Rebels, a newly-formed tribute band, will be playing the Cockney legends chart hits from over the decades in hope of putting “smiles” on everyone’s faces at the Millhouse Social Club in New Road, Dagenham, tomorrow evening.
Band member Jonny Goode said: “I took some time away from music, but when I came back I just wanted to do something fun and that makes people smile.
“I’ve always wanted to do a Chas and Dave tribute, so it made sense, as life is just too short.”
The tribute band grew when the the Cockney duo started making a name for themselves, including recording songs for TV shows, Tottenham Hotspur and of course their big opening performance for Led Zeppelin at Knebworth Festival in 1979.
You may also want to watch:
“I was a kid when they were big so it’s quite a nostalgic thing for me,” he added.
The pub will get in the East End spirit and be serving jellied eels, prawns, cockles, rollmops and crabsticks.
- 1 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 2 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 3 Eid prayer recited outside Barking Town Hall as groups call for more worship spaces
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 6 Antisocial behaviour patrols in Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 9 'Singling out developers to sort out the cladding scandal'
- 10 Column: Pride and trust continues to grow in Dagenham squad
Rockney Rebels will start at 8.30pm on the night.
Free entry . Call 020 8592 1539 for more information.