Watch short film by Dagenham teenagers on the big screen
- Credit: Archant
A short film exploring friendship, loyalty, sexting and stealing will make its debut on the big screen on Thursday.
Squad, which was created by a group of youngsters from Dagenham’s Eastbrook Comprehensive School, will be shown at Kingsley Hall in Parsloes Avenue. The production stemmed from a short drama and multimedia project led by Arc Theatre for young men aged 14 to 18 following funding from The London Community Foundation for Comic Relief.
Project leader Clifford Oliver said: “It’s good to actually get out into the open the pressure on lots of young men.
“Over the last couple of years the word ‘gang’ is what people have been told they should be avoiding but now ‘squad’ has sort of taken over that.”
Clifford and fellow project leader Tendayi Jembere will hold a Q&A with the boys behind the project after the screening.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s all about giving people the opportunity to talk about what’s going on with them,” Clifford added.
Doors will open at 4pm and the screening will start at 4.30pm and run until 6pm. Entry is free, call 020 8595 8509 for more details.
- 1 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 2 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 3 Eid prayer recited outside Barking Town Hall as groups call for more worship spaces
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 6 Antisocial behaviour patrols in Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 9 'Singling out developers to sort out the cladding scandal'
- 10 Column: Pride and trust continues to grow in Dagenham squad