Young actors set to star in arts festival in Barking
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters will be showing off their talents on stage in Barking.
The Young and Talented theatre group will be putting on four different plays, alongside professional theatre writers and directors, as part of the Youth Theatre Festival at the Broadway Theatre on Sunday.
The award-winning theatre school, who recently won the runners up award at the Jack Petchey Glee Club Completion, are now hoping to show off everything they’ve learnt of late.
Founder and artistic director Suzann McLean said: “Thanks to support from the Arts Council, we have enabled our young people to work with five professional writers who have produced wonderful plays that celebrate the world of our young people.
“Our acting company gave an incredible performance of their play Zero for the Young Dudes at London’s Soho Theatre earlier this month and it’s an absolute treat for them to be performing it again on their home stage.”
You may also want to watch:
The Take the Stage Youth Theatre Festival starts at 2.30pm and the last play starts at 7.30pm on the day.
Tickets cost £6. Visit thebroadwaybarking.com or call 020 8507 5610 to book yours.
- 1 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 2 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 3 Eid prayer recited outside Barking Town Hall as groups call for more worship spaces
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 6 Antisocial behaviour patrols in Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 9 'Singling out developers to sort out the cladding scandal'
- 10 Column: Pride and trust continues to grow in Dagenham squad