Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- Credit: Anthony Devlin/PA
Indian food is a favourite cuisine for many, with a number of eateries in Barking and Dagenham serving up classic curries and other popular dishes.
We asked our readers to share their favourite Indian restaurants and takeaways in the borough.
Here are the most recommended places:
The Clay Oven
This Indian takeaway in Whalebone Lane South, Dagenham received the most mentions from our readers.
This takeaways in Longbridge Road, Dagenham was also highly recommended by local curry connoisseurs.
- 1 Illegal Dagenham puppy farm owners sentenced
- 2 Council tax rebates totalling £2m remain unclaimed, authority says
- 3 Dagenham fire families receive thousands in donated cash
- 4 London among areas where drought is declared
- 5 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 6 Liz Truss visits Dagenham youth centre on Tory leadership campaign trail
- 7 'An incredible privilege’: Dagenham and Rainham MP Jon Cruddas on 21 years of service
- 8 ‘It’s like a warzone’: Extent of damage to Ballards Road homes on show following blaze which destroyed 14 houses
- 9 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 10 Campaign launched for young people anxious about A Level and GSCE results
It claims to serve "the finest dishes India has to offer" and has been cooking up hearty curries for the community for more than 25 years.
Another popular Dagenham curry house, this restaurant and takeaway in Parsloes Avenue offers fresh, authentic Indian food.
This family-run Tandoori and Balti restaurant in Goresbrook Road has been serving quality Bangladeshi and Indian food to the Dagenham community since 1980.
This restaurant, also in Goresbrook Road, Dagenham, offers an all-you-can-eat buffet seven days a week as well as takeaway.
This family-run business in Ripple Road, Barking opened in 1990 and offers contemporary and traditional Indian cuisine.