Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- Credit: Anthony Devlin/PA
Indian food is a favourite cuisine for many, with a number of eateries in Barking and Dagenham serving up classic curries and other popular dishes.
We asked our readers to share their favourite Indian restaurants and takeaways in the borough.
Here are the most recommended places:
The Clay Oven
This Indian takeaway in Whalebone Lane South, Dagenham received the most mentions from our readers.
You may also want to watch:
This takeaways in Longbridge Road, Dagenham was also highly recommended by local curry connoisseurs.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 3 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 4 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 7 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 8 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 9 Daggers boss McMahon 'very pleased' with Southend United victory
- 10 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
It claims to serve "the finest dishes India has to offer" and has been cooking up hearty curries for the community for more than 25 years.
Another popular Dagenham curry house, this restaurant and takeaway in Parsloes Avenue offers fresh, authentic Indian food.
This family-run Tandoori and Balti restaurant in Goresbrook Road has been serving quality Bangladeshi and Indian food to the Dagenham community since 1980.
This restaurant, also in Goresbrook Road, Dagenham, offers an all-you-can-eat buffet seven days a week as well as takeaway.
This family-run business in Ripple Road, Barking opened in 1990 and offers contemporary and traditional Indian cuisine.