New play telling ‘tender and lyrical’ love story comes to Barking
- Credit: Archant
A lyrical, funny and tender play about finding love and holding onto it with everything you’ve got comes to Barking next week.
Zia Ahmed's debut play I Wanna Be Yours tells the story of London poet Haseeb and Ella, an actor from rural Yorkshire, who both live in the capital and fall giddily in love.
But as their relationship develops, cracks start to appear due to differences in their cultural backgrounds and underlying tensions in their lives.
It is an examination of romantic love, understanding, patience, empathy and the struggle that Ella and Haseeb must embark on in order to find a way for their love to survive.
Co-produced by Paines Plough and Tamasha, I Wanna Be Yours is touring nationally over the next three months, with a performance at Studio 3 Arts (Galleon Community Centre, Boundary Road, Barking) on Monday, October 21, at 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
I Wanna Be Yours is recommended for ages 14 and older. Tickets are £10 general admission or £5 concessions.
Visit www.studio3arts.org.uk/i-wanna-be-yours for information and tickets.
- 1 Woman brightens up Barking and Dagenham with colourful crochet creations
- 2 'Strong, united community' hailed as plans for hotel in Barking withdrawn
- 3 Appeal for help as girl, 17, reported missing from Dagenham
- 4 Bobby Moore's daughter visits Upney buildings to be named after footballers
- 5 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 6 Walk-in Covid-19 jab events for all adults to be held in Barking
- 7 Exhibition launches to celebrate 100 years of Becontree Estate
- 8 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 9 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Entries open for Barking and Dagenham talent contest