Let Robbie Williams tribute act entertain you in Barking
- Credit: Archant
He might not be the real Robbie Williams but it’s worth letting Andy James entertain you at Mecca Dagenham next week.
The singer is back at the Cook Road venue with his double tribute act to belt out Williams’ and Michael Buble’s greatest hits. He will wow the crowd with a 40 minute set of Buble classics before playing a whole hour of Robbie classics from over the years.
“The last time I was there it was a very successful show and this time I will be doing a lot more Robbie Williams,” Andy said. He will kick off with Robbie’s early releases such as Let Me Entertain You and She’s The One, before moving on to some more recent singles including You Know Me and Candy.
“It’s all the hits and stuff everyone wants to to dance to and it’s usually just a fantastic party night,” Andy said.
He became a professional tribute artist five years ago and hasn’t looked back since, touring all over the country, and even sometimes abroad.
You may also want to watch:
“I love it,” Andy admitted. “I even had the pleasure of singing with Robbie’s dad on a few occasions, which is a real highlight for me.
“I’ve always sung but doing the tribute act is what has given me the chance to come out more because no one cares who you are, but everyone loves artists like Robbie and Michael.”
- 1 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 2 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 3 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 4 New community food club set to open in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 6 Things to do: Enjoy the last of summer out in east London this weekend
- 7 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 8 The tea room in a country park 'building a community' in Dagenham
- 9 Barking and Dagenham, Newham named priority areas by Arts Council
- 10 Revellers descend on Dagenham for We Are FSTVL
The tribute gig will start at 9.30pm on Saturday next week. Tickets for the show cost £5 or £10 for a VIP ticket which includes front section seating, a meal and a drink. For more information, or to make a booking, call 020 8593 6808.