Art and design students ‘share the love’ for national colleges week
- Credit: Archant
Students used their art skills to share the love during a national colleges week.
Art and design students at Barking and Dagenham College created a variety of pieces to the themes of “love your college, love yourself and love what you do”.
Their Love Our Colleges Week creations included self-portraits, wire sculptures, clay work, paintings, jewellery and print making.
Emmanuel Oreyeni, from Barking, incorporated the college building in his colourful design.
He said: “The reason why I decided to do this piece was because the theme reflected the college - not just as students loving the way teachers teach, but also teachers having the love for encouraging us to do the best, even in the mist of Covid-19.”
You may also want to watch:
Curriculum manager for creative industries Paul Schofield said: “You can see by their work the high levels of creativity, problem solving and craft finish.”
Visit www.bdc.ac.uk to see all the works.
- 1 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and Thames by-election
- 3 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 4 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 5 Jailed: Man whose drunken knife attack left one dead and woman injured at Dagenham dinner party
- 6 'Woke rubbish': Losing candidate on stir over 'unspellable' names comment
- 7 Chadwell Heath woman fined after not reporting Iron Age coin find
- 8 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 9 Barking shisha bar was wrongly shut down for Covid breaches, owner claims
- 10 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night