Art and design students ‘share the love’ for national colleges week
- Credit: Archant
Students used their art skills to share the love during a national colleges week.
Art and design students at Barking and Dagenham College created a variety of pieces to the themes of “love your college, love yourself and love what you do”.
Their Love Our Colleges Week creations included self-portraits, wire sculptures, clay work, paintings, jewellery and print making.
Emmanuel Oreyeni, from Barking, incorporated the college building in his colourful design.
He said: “The reason why I decided to do this piece was because the theme reflected the college - not just as students loving the way teachers teach, but also teachers having the love for encouraging us to do the best, even in the mist of Covid-19.”
You may also want to watch:
Curriculum manager for creative industries Paul Schofield said: “You can see by their work the high levels of creativity, problem solving and craft finish.”
Visit www.bdc.ac.uk to see all the works.
- 1 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 2 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 3 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 4 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 5 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 6 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 7 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 8 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 9 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 10 Becontree Estate designed after Spanish Flu 'helped prevent Covid deaths'