Art and design students ‘share the love’ for national colleges week
- Credit: Archant
Students used their art skills to share the love during a national colleges week.
Art and design students at Barking and Dagenham College created a variety of pieces to the themes of “love your college, love yourself and love what you do”.
Their Love Our Colleges Week creations included self-portraits, wire sculptures, clay work, paintings, jewellery and print making.
Emmanuel Oreyeni, from Barking, incorporated the college building in his colourful design.
He said: “The reason why I decided to do this piece was because the theme reflected the college - not just as students loving the way teachers teach, but also teachers having the love for encouraging us to do the best, even in the mist of Covid-19.”
You may also want to watch:
Curriculum manager for creative industries Paul Schofield said: “You can see by their work the high levels of creativity, problem solving and craft finish.”
Visit www.bdc.ac.uk to see all the works.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 2 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 3 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 4 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 5 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 6 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 7 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 8 Comedian: 'Jeff's in space and I'm stuck in traffic at Gallows Corner'
- 9 Dagenham 88 Runners returned to parkrun action and tackled ELVIS race
- 10 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted