Art and design students ‘share the love’ for national colleges week
- Credit: Archant
Students used their art skills to share the love during a national colleges week.
Art and design students at Barking and Dagenham College created a variety of pieces to the themes of “love your college, love yourself and love what you do”.
Their Love Our Colleges Week creations included self-portraits, wire sculptures, clay work, paintings, jewellery and print making.
Emmanuel Oreyeni, from Barking, incorporated the college building in his colourful design.
He said: “The reason why I decided to do this piece was because the theme reflected the college - not just as students loving the way teachers teach, but also teachers having the love for encouraging us to do the best, even in the mist of Covid-19.”
You may also want to watch:
Curriculum manager for creative industries Paul Schofield said: “You can see by their work the high levels of creativity, problem solving and craft finish.”
Visit www.bdc.ac.uk to see all the works.
- 1 Is the Becontree estate in Barking and Dagenham really a Covid hotspot?
- 2 Tributes to 'much-loved' volunteer with a passion for Dagenham history
- 3 Padnall Lake, teachers in pandemic, hearing loss and Covid insurance
- 4 Tot with cancer enjoys 'brilliant' fun day outside home in Dagenham
- 5 London mayoral candidate 'fined' after digital campaign bus visits Dagenham
- 6 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 7 Town hall backs Dagenham freeport bid
- 8 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 9 Hundreds of shops found not complying with Covid rules
- 10 Rapid Covid-19 test site for people without symptoms open in Dagenham