Art and design students ‘share the love’ for national colleges week
- Credit: Archant
Students used their art skills to share the love during a national colleges week.
Art and design students at Barking and Dagenham College created a variety of pieces to the themes of “love your college, love yourself and love what you do”.
Their Love Our Colleges Week creations included self-portraits, wire sculptures, clay work, paintings, jewellery and print making.
Emmanuel Oreyeni, from Barking, incorporated the college building in his colourful design.
He said: “The reason why I decided to do this piece was because the theme reflected the college - not just as students loving the way teachers teach, but also teachers having the love for encouraging us to do the best, even in the mist of Covid-19.”
You may also want to watch:
Curriculum manager for creative industries Paul Schofield said: “You can see by their work the high levels of creativity, problem solving and craft finish.”
Visit www.bdc.ac.uk to see all the works.
- 1 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 2 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 3 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 4 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Tossed cigarette costs Dagenham man more than £600
- 6 Man who controlled Ipswich drug line jailed for five years
- 7 Barking and Dagenham rallies to give friends a prom night to remember
- 8 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 9 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend