Meet authors and celebrate written word at eighth annual ReadFest
- Credit: LBBD
Meet authors, discover new genres and celebrate the joy of reading at the borough’s own literary festival.
ReadFest aims to deliver a wide range of local, national and internationally acclaimed writers chosen to entertain and inform.
The eighth annual festival, hosted by Barking and Dagenham Libraries and Pen to Print, runs until Friday, September 27.
Multinational writers - all based in the UK - will be showcased in support of this year's international storytelling theme.
Writers previously featured include Martina Cole, Ben Aaronovitch, Simon Toyne, Sarah Ward and Dr Janina Ramirez.
You may also want to watch:
All events are free, thanks to the council and the Arts Council, but people can support ReadFest if they wish through the pay what you can afford scheme.
Event attendees can also enter a free prize draw for the chance to win a signed copies of all the books featured at ReadFest.
- 1 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and Thames by-election
- 3 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 4 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 5 Jailed: Man whose drunken knife attack left one dead and woman injured at Dagenham dinner party
- 6 'Woke rubbish': Losing candidate on stir over 'unspellable' names comment
- 7 Chadwell Heath woman fined after not reporting Iron Age coin find
- 8 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 9 Barking shisha bar was wrongly shut down for Covid breaches, owner claims
- 10 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
Councillor Saima Ashraf said: "For anyone who is passionate about the written word, I highly recommend they check out what's on offer this year and popping along to one of the many free showcases."
Vist pentoprint.org/readfest for event information.