Barking spoken word and open-mic night back for 2020 to grow platform for new artists
- Credit: Archant
Studio 3 Art’s spoken word and open mic music night is back in Barking for 2020 showcasing more talent.
Spoken, Not Stirred x Livewire gives a platform to up-and-coming performers.
"We're trying to really gravitate towards that mix of art forms," said Spoken, Not Stirred organiser and poet Dauda Ladejobi. He added the event has seen performers from genres like rap and Spanish guitar.
"It's a great showcase of talent and community. It's a platform for people not just to share their art forms, but to create a conversation about that.
"The main thing is the community that's been built [by the event] and how that's been growing."
You may also want to watch:
The first show of 2020 is from 7.30pm on January 16 at Barking Town Square's Relish cafe. Tickets are £3 in advance and £5 on the door.
Performers get free entrance but must register beforehand. More information can be found and tickets bought at studio3arts.org.uk.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 8 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 9 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 10 'Blows on the hand with a strap': The story of Barking's women jute weavers