Barking spoken word and open-mic night back for 2020 to grow platform for new artists
- Credit: Archant
Studio 3 Art’s spoken word and open mic music night is back in Barking for 2020 showcasing more talent.
Spoken, Not Stirred x Livewire gives a platform to up-and-coming performers.
"We're trying to really gravitate towards that mix of art forms," said Spoken, Not Stirred organiser and poet Dauda Ladejobi. He added the event has seen performers from genres like rap and Spanish guitar.
"It's a great showcase of talent and community. It's a platform for people not just to share their art forms, but to create a conversation about that.
"The main thing is the community that's been built [by the event] and how that's been growing."
You may also want to watch:
The first show of 2020 is from 7.30pm on January 16 at Barking Town Square's Relish cafe. Tickets are £3 in advance and £5 on the door.
Performers get free entrance but must register beforehand. More information can be found and tickets bought at studio3arts.org.uk.
- 1 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 2 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 3 Barking and Dagenham light festival ends with message of peace
- 4 Barking & Dagenham girls on cloud nine after big opening win
- 5 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 6 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 8 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 9 Barking FC set for big week in the Cup
- 10 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham