Barking spoken word and open-mic night back for 2020 to grow platform for new artists
- Credit: Archant
Studio 3 Art’s spoken word and open mic music night is back in Barking for 2020 showcasing more talent.
Spoken, Not Stirred x Livewire gives a platform to up-and-coming performers.
"We're trying to really gravitate towards that mix of art forms," said Spoken, Not Stirred organiser and poet Dauda Ladejobi. He added the event has seen performers from genres like rap and Spanish guitar.
"It's a great showcase of talent and community. It's a platform for people not just to share their art forms, but to create a conversation about that.
"The main thing is the community that's been built [by the event] and how that's been growing."
You may also want to watch:
The first show of 2020 is from 7.30pm on January 16 at Barking Town Square's Relish cafe. Tickets are £3 in advance and £5 on the door.
Performers get free entrance but must register beforehand. More information can be found and tickets bought at studio3arts.org.uk.
- 1 Dagenham man sentenced to life for raping teenage girl in his wife's car
- 2 'Appallingly dirty' Dagenham shop doubling up as 'substandard' hotel
- 3 £975 fine after man caught on CCTV getting out of car to wee on street
- 4 Care worker contests fine after 'cloned plates' car caught in bus lane
- 5 Woman seeks long lost relatives who may be in Dagenham
- 6 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 7 Council failed to investigate woman's concern of 'cancer cluster'
- 8 Only eight Covid patients 'critical' at Queen's and King George hospitals
- 9 Tributes to 'deeply spiritual' Barking priest following death from cancer
- 10 Dagenham man sentenced to life for 'brutal' knife attack murder