Barking spoken word and open-mic night back for 2020 to grow platform for new artists
- Credit: Archant
Studio 3 Art’s spoken word and open mic music night is back in Barking for 2020 showcasing more talent.
Spoken, Not Stirred x Livewire gives a platform to up-and-coming performers.
"We're trying to really gravitate towards that mix of art forms," said Spoken, Not Stirred organiser and poet Dauda Ladejobi. He added the event has seen performers from genres like rap and Spanish guitar.
"It's a great showcase of talent and community. It's a platform for people not just to share their art forms, but to create a conversation about that.
"The main thing is the community that's been built [by the event] and how that's been growing."
You may also want to watch:
The first show of 2020 is from 7.30pm on January 16 at Barking Town Square's Relish cafe. Tickets are £3 in advance and £5 on the door.
Performers get free entrance but must register beforehand. More information can be found and tickets bought at studio3arts.org.uk.
- 1 Is the Becontree estate in Barking and Dagenham really a Covid hotspot?
- 2 Tributes to 'much-loved' volunteer with a passion for Dagenham history
- 3 Padnall Lake, teachers in pandemic, hearing loss and Covid insurance
- 4 London mayoral candidate 'fined' after digital campaign bus visits Dagenham
- 5 Tot with cancer enjoys 'brilliant' fun day outside home in Dagenham
- 6 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 7 Town hall backs Dagenham freeport bid
- 8 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 9 Rapid Covid-19 test site for people without symptoms open in Dagenham
- 10 Hundreds of shops found not complying with Covid rules