Barking Splash Park puts on outdoor cinema screenings
- Credit: Barking Splash Park
Barking Splash Park is adding another string to its bow as it plays host to a series of outdoor cinema screenings.
The splash park in Longbridge Road has teamed up with the new project Barking Productions to put on the events for the borough.
The line-up includes hits like Coco, Bohemian Rhapsody and Black Panther.
But it also features foreign films like the India road movie Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara and the Polish comedy Kiler.
Prem Mistry is the founder of Barking Productions.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "I want to make sure I represent the full community that lives in Barking and Dagenham, hence why we have some foreign language movies.
"For me, it's about finding out what people want, to be able to support them in terms of delivering high-quality events for the borough."
- 1 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 2 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 3 Becontree Estate designed after Spanish Flu 'helped prevent Covid deaths'
- 4 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 5 Light festival sees cyclists brighten up Barking and Dagenham streets
- 6 Views sought on Sebastian Court community space
- 7 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 8 BHRUT in capsule trial for detecting colorectal cancer
- 9 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 10 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
The first showing is of Pixar's Coco on August 31. Doors open at 7pm and the film will start at sunset. Tickets are 13.50 and concessions are available.
More information can be found at lbbd.gov.uk/events/barking-outdoor-cinema.