Barking Splash Park puts on outdoor cinema screenings
- Credit: Barking Splash Park
Barking Splash Park is adding another string to its bow as it plays host to a series of outdoor cinema screenings.
The splash park in Longbridge Road has teamed up with the new project Barking Productions to put on the events for the borough.
The line-up includes hits like Coco, Bohemian Rhapsody and Black Panther.
But it also features foreign films like the India road movie Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara and the Polish comedy Kiler.
Prem Mistry is the founder of Barking Productions.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "I want to make sure I represent the full community that lives in Barking and Dagenham, hence why we have some foreign language movies.
"For me, it's about finding out what people want, to be able to support them in terms of delivering high-quality events for the borough."
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 3 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 4 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 5 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 6 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 7 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 8 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 9 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 10 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
The first showing is of Pixar's Coco on August 31. Doors open at 7pm and the film will start at sunset. Tickets are 13.50 and concessions are available.
More information can be found at lbbd.gov.uk/events/barking-outdoor-cinema.