REVOLUTIONARY ROAD (15) DRAMA based on Richard Yates novel about two people destroying their marriage and themselves in 1950s American suburbia. Frank (Leonardo DiCaprio), works at a job he hates in New York, then commutes ho
REVOLUTIONARY ROAD (15)
DRAMA based on Richard Yates' novel about two people destroying their marriage and themselves in 1950s American suburbia.
Frank (Leonardo DiCaprio), works at a job he hates in New York, then commutes home to his wife April (Kate Winslet) and two children.
However, their seemingly perfect marriage is not as perfect as it seems to the outside world.
You may also want to watch:
The situation is not helped when a friend (Kathy Bates), introduces them to her mentally unstable son, in an effort to bring some normality to his life.
At its heart this film deals with issues of conformity and finding identity in a time when men went to work in ties and hats, and women stayed at home.
- 1 Hundreds of shops found not complying with Covid rules
- 2 Town hall seeks powers to prevent 'unsightly' loft extensions
- 3 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 4 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 5 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 6 Town hall backs Dagenham freeport bid
- 7 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 8 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 9 Covid funding boost for charities promoting youth arts and inclusion
- 10 All borough's care home residents have had first Covid vaccination
An excellent cast elevate this film, directed by Winslet's husband, Sam Mendes.
NICK AND NORAH'S INFINITE PLAYLIST (12A)
COMEDY about two people thrust together for one hilarious, sleepless night of adventure in a world of mix tapes, late-night living, and, live, loud music.
Nick (Michael Cera), frequents New York's indie rock scene nursing a broken heart and a vague ability to play the bass.
Norah (Kat Dennings), is questioning all of her assumptions about the world.
Though they have nothing in common except for their taste in music, their chance encounter leads to an all-night quest to find a legendary band's secret show.
THE BROKEN 15)
WALKING down a busy London street, Gina (Lena Headey), sees a lookalike drive past in her own car.
Shocked by the strange sighting, Gina follows the mystery female up to her apartment.
In this disturbing horror film about a woman searching for answers, Gina is plunged into a nightmarish world, and comes to the startling realisation that her loved ones may be involved in this sinister mystery.
She begins to question the true identity of those around her, but to them she is becoming more and more unhinged.
The Broken is directed by Sean Ellis, and also stars Richard Jenkins and Melvil Poupaud.