REVOLUTIONARY ROAD (15) DRAMA based on Richard Yates novel about two people destroying their marriage and themselves in 1950s American suburbia. Frank (Leonardo DiCaprio), works at a job he hates in New York, then commutes ho
REVOLUTIONARY ROAD (15)
DRAMA based on Richard Yates' novel about two people destroying their marriage and themselves in 1950s American suburbia.
Frank (Leonardo DiCaprio), works at a job he hates in New York, then commutes home to his wife April (Kate Winslet) and two children.
However, their seemingly perfect marriage is not as perfect as it seems to the outside world.
You may also want to watch:
The situation is not helped when a friend (Kathy Bates), introduces them to her mentally unstable son, in an effort to bring some normality to his life.
At its heart this film deals with issues of conformity and finding identity in a time when men went to work in ties and hats, and women stayed at home.
- 1 Five men from Barking charged after gun raids
- 2 Calls to remove Dagenham 5G mast after blaze
- 3 New freeport in Dagenham gets the green light from the chancellor
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced to life for raping teenage girl in his wife's car
- 5 Stabbing in Barking leaves man fighting for his life
- 6 Police raid Barking addresses in operation to stop revenge gang attacks
- 7 Council tax is rising by five per cent in Barking and Dagenham
- 8 'Appallingly dirty' Dagenham shop doubling up as 'substandard' hotel
- 9 'Half of 5G phone mast' in Dagenham left damaged by late night fire
- 10 Future is bright for borough's youth
An excellent cast elevate this film, directed by Winslet's husband, Sam Mendes.
NICK AND NORAH'S INFINITE PLAYLIST (12A)
COMEDY about two people thrust together for one hilarious, sleepless night of adventure in a world of mix tapes, late-night living, and, live, loud music.
Nick (Michael Cera), frequents New York's indie rock scene nursing a broken heart and a vague ability to play the bass.
Norah (Kat Dennings), is questioning all of her assumptions about the world.
Though they have nothing in common except for their taste in music, their chance encounter leads to an all-night quest to find a legendary band's secret show.
THE BROKEN 15)
WALKING down a busy London street, Gina (Lena Headey), sees a lookalike drive past in her own car.
Shocked by the strange sighting, Gina follows the mystery female up to her apartment.
In this disturbing horror film about a woman searching for answers, Gina is plunged into a nightmarish world, and comes to the startling realisation that her loved ones may be involved in this sinister mystery.
She begins to question the true identity of those around her, but to them she is becoming more and more unhinged.
The Broken is directed by Sean Ellis, and also stars Richard Jenkins and Melvil Poupaud.