Two arrested after shooting and stabbing in Barking
- Credit: Google Maps
Two people have been arrested by police investigating a recent shooting and stabbing incident in Barking.
At the scene, they found a man in his 20s suffering from stab injuries which were not life-threatening.
A short time later, it emerged that a man and woman had self-presented at an east London hospital.
The man had sustained a gunshot wound to his leg which was not life-threatening, while the woman had suffered minor injuries consistent with grazing from a bullet.
A 27-year-old man and 31-year-old woman were subsequently arrested on suspicion of attempted murder.
The man has been released on bail - to return on a date in late May - while the woman has been released under investigation pending further enquiries.
It is thought that all three people sustained their injuries in the Hertford Road area.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Dagenham house fire
- 2 Council leader on the borough's future, CPZs and receiving death threats
- 3 Dagenham cat with misshapen eye struggles to find home
- 4 Baby boy died from 'whiplash' injuries caused by shaking, trial hears
- 5 Boy, 5, dies after 'unexplained' incident off Heathway
- 6 'Staffing crisis' means children's hospice cannot offer end of life care
- 7 Dagenham woman to face trial on numerous robbery charges
- 8 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 9 Man pleads not guilty to unlicensed street trading in Dagenham
- 10 Cycling festival coming to Barking
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101, ref 1033/02may. To remain anonymous, please contact Crimestoppers.